Approximate locations of Home Groups. Click on map to enlarge.
In our home groups people meet to study the Bible together, to learn from one another and to pray for each other. Belonging to a home group helps to nurture faith and to deepen relationships with others, and this is particularly important in a large church such as St Mary’s.
If you are interested in joining a home group or finding out more, please contact the group leader and see if there is any availability at this time.
Please note that the majority of groups take a break over the summer
• The Sedop Close group (1 on map) meets fortnightly on Mondays at 2pm.
• The group is currently studying the Old Testament, using a study guide called ‘Full of Promise’.
• For more information, please contact Eunice on 01799 520 254.
• The Springhill Road group (2 on map) meets fortnightly on Monday evenings at 7.30pm during term time.
• The group is currently reading ‘Reversed Thunder’ by Eugene Peterson, a commentary on the book of Revelation. They have previously looked at ‘Return of the Prodigal Son’ by Henri Nouwen.
• Each term ends with a meal and an extended time of prayer.
• For more information, please contact Sue on 01799 523 007 or by email at email@example.com
• The Beck Road group (4 on map) also meets on Monday evenings during term time.
• The group is currently exploring the readings from the preceding Sunday and considering some of the ‘Big’ questions in life.
• The group hopes to end each term with a bring and share meal and the opportunity for extended prayer.
• For more information, please contact Hilary on firstname.lastname@example.org
• The Parkside group (5 on map) meets weekly on Tuesday mornings.
• The group is currently studying Mark’s gospel.
• For more information, please email Brian on email@example.com or call on 01799 516 586
• The group is taking a break for the summer and will restart again on the 24th September.
• The Saxon Way group (3 on map) meet every other Tuesday morning.
• The group is currently studying Paul's Letters using Tom Wright's commentaries. At present they are looking at Philemon.
• This group is currently full, but there may be vacancies in due course. For more information please contact Kathleen Huey or Juliette Welch via the Parish Office on 01799 506 024.
• The West Road group (6 on map) meets weekly on Tuesday evenings during term time.
• The group’s aim is “to help us all to explore the links between faith and life” and they have recently been using material from the Pilgrim Course. The evening includes discussion questions, bible study and prayer.
• For more information, please contact Alan and Caroline by phone (01799 521 142) or email: firstname.lastname@example.org Although numbers are limited, spaces do come up from time to time.
• Women who Wonder (WWW) (8 on map) is a group for women of working age, or thereabouts.
• It meets monthly on Tuesday evenings in Claypit Piece.
• For more information, please contact Gill on 01799 520 485.
• The Rylstone Way group (7 on map) meets on alternate Thursday evenings.
• The group aims “to deepen our familiarity with the Bible and to share its relevance in our lives.”
• The group is currently looking at the Psalms.
• For more information, please contact Marisa on 01799 502 744.
If you have any suggestions for further Home Groups or might be willing to run or host one then do let Rachel Prior know - email@example.com
We also provide additional groups including some inter church ones during Lent and Advent.
See also our Prayer Groups page and our Courses & Events page.