Approximate locations of Home Groups. Click on map to enlarge.
There are no planned 'at home' meetings at the moment due to the Coronavirus pandemic. However, several groups are continuing their programme via the Internet using Zoom and others are keeping in touch on the 'phone. Contact the person named in each case for further information.
In our home groups people meet to study the Bible together, to learn from one another and to pray for each other. Belonging to a home group helps to nurture faith and to deepen relationships with others, and this is particularly important in a large church such as St Mary’s.
If you are interested in joining a home group or finding out more, please contact the group leader and see if there is any availability at this time.
• The Sedop Close group CB11 4DD (1 on map) meets fortnightly on Mondays at 2pm.
• The group is currently studying the Old Testament, using a study guide called ‘Full of Promise’.
• For more information, please contact Eunice on 01799 520 254.
• The Springhill Road group CB11 4AH (2 on map) meets fortnightly on Monday evenings at 7.30pm during term time.
• The group is currently studying the Gospel according to St Mark, using Tom Wright's book 'Mark for Everyone.'
• Each term ends with a meal and an extended time of prayer.
• For more information, please contact Sue on 01799 523 007 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
• The Parkside group CB10 1AQ (3 on map) meets weekly on Tuesday mornings.
• The group is currently reading Romans (in preparation for when they can physically meet again)
• For more information, please email Brian on email@example.com or call on 01799 516 586
• The Stanleys Farm group CB11 3BN (4 on map) meet every other Tuesday morning.
• The group is currently studying the Early Christian Letters using Tom Wright's commentaries.
• This group is currently full, but there may be vacancies in due course. For more information please contact Kathleen Huey or Juliette Welch via the Parish Office on 01799 506 024.
• The West Road group CB11 3DS (4 on map) meets weekly on Tuesday evenings during term time.
• The group’s aim is “to help us all to explore the links between faith and life” and they have recently been using the Sunday Bible readings as a basis for discussion, study and prayer.
• For more information and to see if there is space at this time for new members, please contact Alan and Caroline by phone 01799 521 142 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Women who Wonder (WWW) CB11 4DR (7 on map) is a group for women of working age, or thereabouts.
• It meets monthly on Tuesday evenings in Claypit Piece.
• For more information, please contact Gill on 01799 520 485.
• The Rylstone Way group CB11 3BS (6 on map) meets on alternate Thursday evenings on Zoom.
• The group aims “to deepen our familiarity with the Bible and to share its relevance in our lives.”
• The group is continuing with the material they had for their Lent Course called "Opening the Scriptures: Setting our Hearts on Fire" which is full of rich material including Bible study, music, art and poetry, prepared by Churches Together Britain & Ireland.
• For more information, please contact Marisa on 01799 502 744.
If you have any queries or suggestions for further Home Groups or might be willing to run or host one then do let Alan Currer know - email@example.com or 01799 584 839
We also provide additional groups including some inter church ones during Lent and Advent.
See also our Prayer Groups page and our Courses & Events page.