Sewards End Church
Welcome to St James’ Church, Sewards End
Find out more about St James using the menu items on the right.
This church has been at the centre of Sewards End since 1847 when it also served as the village school.
You are warmly invited to worship here, whether regularly or on particular occasions. Services are normally held twice a month at 9.30 am and at the major Christian festivals; most of the congregations stay on for refreshments.
St James Sewards End and St John’s Little Walden together with St. Mary’s Saffron Walden are all part of the Parish of Saffron Walden which in turn is part of the Saffron Walden and Villages Team ministry.
Other activities include children’s events, and coffee mornings in the village hall.
Rev'd Canon Jenny Tomlinson
Priest with direct responsibility for St James
To find out more, or to enquire about baptisms or weddings, please contact Jenny Tomlinson by phone 01799 500 757 or email email@example.com or via St Mary’s Parish Office 01799 506 024 - email firstname.lastname@example.org
Revd. Canon David Tomlinson – Team Rector 01799 500 947 or email@example.com
Revd. Canon Jenny Tomlinson – Priest with direct responsibility for St James 01799 500 757 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Michael Dean – Middle House, 3 Tylers, Sewards End, CB10 2LN - 01799 523 388 Email:email@example.com
Keith Willey – The Owls, 25 Radwinter Road, Sewards End, CB10 2LE - 01799 513 789 Email: Keithrita@sewardsend.net
How to find us
St James’ Church, Walden Road, Sewards End, Saffron Walden, Essex, CB10 2LF
Sewards End extends along the Walden Road, two miles east of Saffron Walden. The village is about a mile long on the B1053. It is 43 miles from London, 17 from Cambridge and 14 from Bishops Stortford. Audley End railway station is 4.5 miles away.